Given the increase in hatred and violence toward Asian Americans and those of Asian identity, largely owed to the xenophobia and anti-Asian sentiment surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, solidarity with the Asian community is needed now more than ever.
Rain or shine, please join us for the TMC-wide Stop Asian Hate Rally, tomorrow, from noon to 1:30 p.m. on the Baylor College of Medicine Jewish Research Institute lawn (1200 Moursund, Houston, TX 77030) as we stand in solidarity with the Asian community, facing rising anti-Asian sentiments in the COVID time. As rain is possible, please prepare accordingly. Find more information about the rally on the event’s webpage.
If you are unable to make the event in person, please join us via Zoom.
Meeting ID: 967 7364 5882
The event will feature a moment of silence, guest speakers and personal testimonies. The rally’s theme is yellow and red, and we encourage you to wear those either of those colors. Masks and proper social distancing are highly recommended.
Personal stories are being collected via a Google Form from Asian and AAPI-identifying individuals and stories related to the Asian community shared by non-Asian individuals. Feel free to share your own stories or stories you heard from friends and family. You are free to share your story anonymously or indicate your name. See flyer for more information.
The Stop Asian Hate Rally is the effort of many individuals from the following institutions and organizations:
- Baylor College of Medicine
- MD Anderson Cancer Center
- UT Health Science Center
- Rice University
- University of Houston
- The Association for Graduate Student Diversity
- Inclusion and Equity Ambassadors and the Inclusion and Excellence Council
- The Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- The Office of Communications and Community Outreach
- Chinese Students & Scholars Association
- Taiwanese Student and Scholar Association at Baylor College of Medicine
- Society of Chinese Bioscientists in America
- KWiSE (Korean Women in Science and Engineering) Texas Chapter
See a list of ways to support AAPI within the Baylor community and beyond.