Department of Pediatrics

Visiting Pediatric Residents


Pediatric residents from other institutions have the opportunity to take an elective in Pediatric Infectious Diseases. This arrangement is made by contacting the Graduate Medical Education Office at Baylor College of Medicine requesting an application for "visiting house officer rotation."

Residents also should contact the Infectious Disease Program director to determine if the elective will be available. If you are currently enrolled in a residency program in Texas and have a postgraduate resident permit, (training permit) your permit covers your rotation at Baylor. If you are currently enrolled in a program outside Texas, you will need to contact the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners for a postgraduate resident permit application. Because this process often takes several weeks, interested residents are encouraged to obtain the necessary documents early.