Coach Training for Healthcare Leaders Program for BCM Faculty
During this four-month program (December 2023 - April 2024) accepted faculty will receive training and skill development in coaching methodologies based in evidence-based theories and practices as laid out in the Four Square Coaching approach developed by Dr. Robert F. Hicks.
Faculty who complete the program will:
- Learn about the Four-Square Coaching Framework within the healthcare context.
- Develop and hone coaching skills.
- Develop their leadership skills through the coaching process.
Faculty who participate in the program will have the capacity to inspire persons being coached to move towards action through:
- Addressing and finding resolution to problem situations.
- Improving confidence that limits professional or interpersonal effectiveness.
- Realizing and harnessing undeveloped potential to maximize their personal and professional potential.
2023-2024 Program Dates
The program will span five sessions on the following dates:
- Session 1: Thursday, Dec.,14, 4 - 5:30 p.m.
- Session 2: Thursday, Jan. 25, 4 - 5:30 p.m.
- Session 3: Thursday, Feb. 29, TBD
- Session 4: Thursday, Mar. 28, 4 - 5:30 p.m.
- Session 5: Thursday, Apr. 25, 4 - 5:30 p.m.
Requirements for Participants
Participants must attend all five sessions held once a month from December 2023 through April 2024. Virtual attendance is available with the possible exception of the February date.
Participants are also expected to participate in 4, hour-long intersessions involving guided small group discussion of assigned chapters in Coaching As A Leadership Style, a book that presents Dr. Robert Hicks, Four Square Coaching Model.
Faculty will also have the option to engage in a coaching relationship during the training to experience the skills being learned. The Office of Faculty Affairs and Faculty Development will work with participants to identify coaches as needed.
To support the assessment of the program, program participants, and the individuals they are coaching agree to participate in the evaluation component of the program.
As program capacity is limited to 20 participants, faculty interested in the program are encouraged to submit an application. Decisions on applicants will be communicated no later than Oct. 13, 2023.
Contact Robert Tillman in the Office of Faculty Affairs and Faculty Development with questions at Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org or (713) 798-4126.