Development as an Educator
Baylor College of Medicine and Harris Health System is partnering to provide a Coach Training for Healthcare Leaders Program for BCM faculty.
During this four month program (September 2022-December 2022) accepted faculty will receive training and skill development in coaching methodologies based in evidence-based theories and practices as laid out in the Four Square Coaching approach developed by Dr. Robert F. Hicks.
Faculty who complete the program will:
- Learn about the Four-Square Coaching Framework within the healthcare context.
- Develop and hone coaching skills and gain experience as a coach
- Develop their leadership skills through the coaching process
Faculty who participate in the program will have the capacity to inspire persons being coached to move towards action through:
- Addressing and finding resolution to problem situations.
- Improving confidence that limits professional or interpersonal effectiveness
- Realizing and harnessing undeveloped potential to maximize their personal and professional potential.
2022 Program Dates
The program will span four sessions on the following dates:
- Session 1: Thursday, Sept.,15, 12:30-4:30 p.m.
- Session 2: Thursday, Oct. 13, 12:30-4:30 p.m.
- Session 3: Tuesday, Nov. 8, 12:30-4:30 p.m.
- Session 4: Tuesday, Dec. 6, 12:30-4:30 p.m.
Requirements for Participants
Faculty will be required to be engaged in a coaching relationship during the training to practice the skills being learned. The Office of Faculty Affairs and Faculty Development will work with participants to identify opportunities to coach as needed.
To support the assessment of the program, program participants, and the individuals they are coaching agree to participate in the evaluation component of the program.
Participants must attend all four sessions held once a month from September to December 2022 held at BCM facilities on the TMC Campus.
Participant are asked for a commitment to participate in “Community of Practice” session after the training to help solidify lessons learned and continue development in the coaching practice.
As program capacity is limited to 20 participants, faculty interested in the program are encouraged to submit an application. Decisions on applicants will be communicated no later than July 1, 2022.
Contact Robert Tillman in the Office of Faculty Affairs and Faculty Development with questions at Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-798-4126.