Minimum Requirements for MS-DNP Students:
- Current unencumbered license as a registered nurse in state of residence
- Current unencumbered APRN licensure, or other authorization to practice as a nurse anesthetist, in state of residence
- Master’s or higher degree in nursing, nurse anesthesia, or a related field from a fully accredited college or university in the United States
- Completion of a nurse anesthesia educational program holding accreditation from the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs
- Current certification or recertification by the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Completion of the following courses at either the undergraduate or graduate level achieving a grade of B or better: statistics and research
- Two-page essay describing career goals as they relate to the DNP program objectives, including an overview of the proposed area of interest for the final capstone project
- Completion of the official application materials
- Personal or telephone interview with faculty representative of the Admissions Committee (if invited)
Submit the application on or before June 1 of the year prior to which admission is being sought. The online application is available Jan. 15 through June 1 each year.
Submit all required supporting documents and application fee such that they are received by the Doctor of Nursing Practice Program-Nurse Anesthesia Office no later than June 15 of the year prior to which admission is being sought. Applicants applying for advanced standing status with regard to the anesthesia core courses must so indicate on the application form. All items must be sent to the mailing address below.
- Photocopy of current, unencumbered R.N. license.
- Photocopy of current, unencumbered APRN licensure, or other authorization to practice as a nurse anesthetist, in the state of residence.
- Proof of current certification or recertification by the National Board on Certification and Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists.
- Current curriculum vitae
- Application fee of $90 (payable online or via check)
Supporting documents that must be submitted directly from the sender (not the applicant) to the DNP Office as part of the MS-DNP application are:
- Transcripts: Forward official transcripts from all colleges, universities and nursing schools attended.
- Completed Applicant Evaluation Forms from the following two individuals. Once an application is submitted, evaluators will receive an invitation via email to complete an electronic evaluation form.
- CRNA supervisor. This individual must be able to provide an assessment of your professional and clinical acumen.
- RN, CRNA, or physician of your choice. This person must be able to provide an assessment of your professional abilities and essential character traits. Evaluations from family members or friends are not accepted.
A personal or telephone interview with members of the Admissions Committee will be offered to qualified applicants, who will be contacted in early September to schedule an interview date.
Mail all supporting documents to the DNP Office at:
Baylor College of Medicine
Doctor of Nursing Practice Program-Nurse Anesthesia
One Baylor Plaza
Houston, Texas 77030
If any questions or concerns arise regarding the admissions process, please do not hesitate to contact the DNP Office via email at CRNA@bcm.edu.
Want to Learn More About our Program? Come to our information session.