Deter II, M.D.
Deter II, M.D.
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
- Texas Children's Hospital Pavilion for Women, (Clinic)
6651 Main St. Suite F420
Houston, TX 77030
Phone: (832) 826-7500
- MD from Baylor College Of Medicine
- 06/1963 - Houston, TX United States
- Fellowship at The Rockefeller University
- 06/1966 - New York, New York United States
- Fellowship at Universite De Louvain
- 06/1967 - Louvain, Belgium
Professional StatementFor the last 40 years, Dr. Deter has had an interest in fetal weight estimation, age determination, growth assessment and cardiovascular evaluation. He is the developer of Individualized Growth Assessment, in which each fetus is its own control. He has used this technique to identity several new types of growth restriction which evolve in different ways and have different outcomes.
- Deter RL, De Duve C "Influence of glucagon, an inducer of cellular autophagy, on some physical properties of rat liver lysosomes.." J. Cell Biol..1967/May;33(2):437-49. Pubmed PMID: 4292315
- Hadlock FP, Harrist RB, Sharman RS, Deter RL, Park SK "Estimation of fetal weight with the use of head, body, and femur measurements--a prospective study.." Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol..1985/February1;151(3):333-7. Pubmed PMID: 3881966
- Mari G, Deter RL, Carpenter RL, Rahman F, Zimmerman R, Moise KJ, Dorman KF, Ludomirsky A, Gonzalez R, Gomez R, Oz U, Detti L, Copel JA, Bahado-Singh R, Berry S, Martinez-Poyer J, Blackwell SC "Noninvasive diagnosis by Doppler ultrasonography of fetal anemia due to maternal red-cell alloimmunization. Collaborative Group for Doppler Assessment of the Blood Velocity in Anemic Fetuses.." N. Engl. J. Med..2000/January6;342(1):41531. Pubmed PMID: 10620643
- 4. Deter, RL, Lee W, Yeo L, Erez O, Ramamurthy U, Naik M, Romero R. "Individualized growth assessment: Conceptual framework and practical implementation for the evaluation of fetal growth and neonatal growth outcome.." Am J Obstet Gynecol.2018;:S656-S675.
Log In to edit your profile