Yunping Lei, Ph.D.
Yunping Lei, Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor
Molecular and Cellular Biology
Center for Precision Environment Health
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
- PhD from Fudan University
- Shanghai, Shanghai China
Professional StatementMy research interest is focused on understanding the genetic etiology of complex congenital malformations, and those gene-environment interactions that contribute to birth defects, especially neural related birth defects. I obtained my Ph.D. in genetic epidemiology from Fudan University in 2010, and received postdoctoral training in molecular genetics at The University of Texas at Austin. From June 2013, I became a Research Scientist at the University of Texas at Austin Dell Pediatric Research Institute. The proposed research project will take advantage of next-gen DNA sequencing technology, as well as latest genome edition technologies. I am familiar with most frontline technologies in genetics, molecular biology and cellular biology such as next generation sequencing, Sanger sequencing, cloning, cell culture, histology, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, western blotting, co-immunoprecipation and other major techniques. I am also experienced in genomics, genome editing, genetic epidemiology and bioinformatics, which is required in the study design and data analysis for the proposed research program.
- Zhongzhong Chen*, Yunping Lei*, Yufang Zheng, Vanessa Aguiar-Pulido, M. Elizabeth Ross, Rui Peng, Li Jin, Ting Zhang, Richard Finnell, Hongyan Wang "Threshold for Neural Tube Defect Risk by Accumulated Singleton Loss-of-function Variants." Cell Res.2018/July5;: Pubmed PMID: 29976953
- Kim J*, Lei Y*, Guo J, Kim SE, Wlodarczyk BJ, Cabrera RM, Lin YL, Nilsson TK, Zhang T, Ren A, Wang L, Yuan Z, Zheng YF, Wang HY, Finnell RH "Formate rescues neural tube defects caused by mutations in Slc25a32." Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A.2018/May1;115(18):4690-4695. Pubmed PMID: 29666258
- Lu HC, Tan Q, Rousseaux MW, Wang W, Kim JY, Richman R, Wan YW, Yeh SY, Patel JM, Liu X, Lin T, Lee Y, Fryer JD, Han J, Chahrour M, Finnell RH, Lei Y, et al. "Disruption of the ATXN1-CIC complex causes a spectrum of neurobehavioral phenotypes in mice and humans." Nat Genet.2017/April;49(4):527-536. Pubmed PMID: 28288114
- Lei YP, Zhang T, Li H, Wu BL, Jin L, Wang HY "VANGL2 mutations in human cranial neural-tube defects." N Engl J Med.2010/June10;362(23):2232-2235. Pubmed PMID: 20558380
- Lei Y, Fathe K, McCartney D, Zhu H, Yang W, Ross ME, Shaw GM, Finnell RH. "Rare LRP6 variants identified in spina bifida patient." Hum Mutat. 2015 March ; 36 (3): 342-349. Pubmed PMID: 25546815
- Lei Y, Finnell RH "New myotonic dystrophy type 1 mouse model.." Cell Res. 2020 February ; 30 (2): 99-100. Pubmed PMID: 31953529
- Intervention Strategies for Non-Folate Responsive Neural Tube Defects
- NIH (02/2016 - 01/2021)
- Teratology Society
- American Society of Human Genetics
- Folic Acid, Parental Mutation Rates and the Risk for Neural Tube Defects - #HD081216-01A1 (06/01/2016 - 05/31/2020) Grant funding from NIH
- Role of Slc25a32 and Its Interaction with Lrp6 in the Etiology of Neural Tube - #R01HD100535 Grant funding from NIH
Log In to edit your profile