The UTHealth Houston Institute for Implementation Science and the Texas Developmental Center for AIDS Research (Texas D-CFAR), a collaboration between Baylor College of Medicine, UTHealth Houston and Texas Biomedical Research Institute, received funding from the National Institutes of Health to establish the new Texas Implementation Science Hub to end HIV (Texas IS Hub).
The Texas IS Hub is a component of the Texas D-CFAR. The Texas D-CFAR focuses its research on the theme “Ending HIV and optimizing HIV health in Texas.” The Texas IS Hub is now one of nine national Implementation Science Consultation Hubs working with the HIV Implementation Science Coordination Initiative supporting NIH-funded Ending HIV Epidemic supplement projects across the country.
The Texas IS Hub faculty:
- Co-PI: Chris Markham, PhD, UTHealth Houston
- Co- PI: Bijal Balasubramanian, MBBS, PhD, UTHealth Houston
- Bich N Dang, MD, Baylor College of Medicine
- María E Fernández, PhD, UTHealth Houston
- Kayo Fujimoto, PhD, UTHealth Houston
- Sheryl McCurdy, PhD, UTHealth Houston
- Shital Patel, MD, MSc, Baylor College of Medicine
- Diane Santa Maria, DrPH, RN, PHNA-BC, FSAHM, FAAN, UTHealth Houston
- Irene Tami-Maury, DMD, MSc, DrPH, UTHealth Houston
- J. Michael Wilkerson, PhD, UTHealth Houston
Over the next year, the Texas IS Hub will provide consultation to 8-10 HIV/AIDS research teams. The Hub will also provide local trainings, The Hub will also provide local and national trainings, curated access to implementation science theories, frameworks, and capacity building activities like workshops and grant advisement.
To learn more about the Texas IS Hub please visit the UTHealth Houston Institute for Implementation Science Website.