Vice Chair for Harris Health System/Ben Taub Hospital, Hemant Roy, M.D.
The vice chair for Ben Taub/Quentin Mease Hospitals is charged with promoting faculty and staff development, clinical research, education, and quality improvement for the Medicine Service and faculty who work within the Harris Health System. The Vice Chair Group will coordinate these activities with the departmental groups and Baylor Joint Advisory Committees. The Vice Chair Group will consist of assistant chiefs of Service for Clinical and Faculty Affairs, Clinical Research and Education/Quality Improvement Activities.
Priorities of these groups for the coming academic year include:
- Assist with reassessing the current AMS contract for clinical services in Harris Health
- Survey the Ben Taub faculty for current research capabilities and future needs assessment
- Coordinate educational initiatives for clinical training for medical students, residents and medicine fellows
- Expand quality initiatives for our medicine residents and faculty who are at Ben Taub/Quentin Mease Hospitals
- Coordinate clinical care that integrates both inpatient and outpatient services
- Promote clinical research capabilities for our faculty at Ben Taub/Quentin Mease Hospitals
- Further the educational experience of our learners at all levels of the educational continuum
- Align quality improvement initiatives of our resident and faculty with the strategic initiatives of Harris Health