Clinical Ethics Internship
This program is designed to provide students the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the fast-paced field of clinical ethics. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to:
- Spend up to 8-weeks (May – July 2023) working with an experienced clinical faculty mentor
- Shadow clinical ethics consultants at our hospital-based clinical ethics services
- Participate in research and writing that supports the clinical ethics mission
- Gain exposure to one of the preeminent bioethics centers in the country
The Clinical Ethics Internship is an in-person, hospital-based opportunity in the Texas Medical Center in Houston, Texas.
View Posting and Apply
Bioethics and Health Policy Research Internship
This program is designed to provide students the opportunity to participate in research on perennial and emerging ethical issues in areas like the ethical, legal, and social implications of genomics, neuroethics, the ethics of artificial intelligence, medical decision-making, and health equity. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to:
- Spend up to 10-weeks (June – August 2023) conducting research on a topic area of interest with an experienced research faculty mentor
- Engage in educational opportunities with Center faculty and staff through a lunch-and-learn series
- Participate in the Center’s community through intellectual events and social activities
The Bioethics and Health Policy Internship is either remote or in-person at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. Research experiences will not include laboratory or work in the healthcare setting.
View Posting and Apply
“This internship exceeded my expectations. I had not worked on a project or interdisciplinary team like this before and was pleasantly surprised at all the attention and assistance I received from my mentors, despite their regular workload. I was not expecting to receive such support and encouragement, which was really wonderful.”
“I was able to meet with many prominent figures in the world of bioethics from around the country and even around the world, which was incredibly interesting and provided me with a whole new perspective on the field.”
"I learned coding, abstractions and different data presentation techniques from my mentor. However, her help didn't limit to internship duties, she has helped me connect with so many people in the field considering I am currently seeking a full-time opportunity."