About the Team
The Resident Resiliency Team is a group of about 10 upper-level residents focused on resident wellness and decreasing burnout. Our aim is to promote a culture of prioritizing resident wellness, work-life balance, and the importance of our mental health.
What are our roles?
- Welcome our new class of interns every year
- Host socials in and out of the hospital
- Promote relationships between all resident classes (ex: our big-little program)
- Assist in connecting our residents to mental health and wellness resources
- Available 24/7 to all our residents to help address burnout, debrief after patient deaths, help residents cope with difficult patient encounters, and provide a listening ear for any struggles - work related or not
- Work with program leadership to implement system-based improvements within the program to prioritize wellness