Weather Update

BCM Family Medicine on Kirby is without electrical power. Patients with appointments on Tuesday at this location will be moved to Baylor Medicine on the McNair Campus:  7200 Cambridge St, 7th floor, Suite 7B. Patients will be contacted. For questions, call 713-798-7700.

Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation

Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation International Medical Graduates


We accept applications from international medical graduates. You should contact the Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates for Electronic Residency Application Service materials and eligibility requirements. For information, visit the ECFMG web page or contact ECFM by email at eras-support@ecfmg.org.

Applications will be accepted only from those candidates (except current medical students) who are eligible for ECFMGF certification prior to the Match.


What kind of visa do you accept?


We accept applicants with the J-1 visa only.


Do I need U.S. research/clinical experience?


A PGY-1 year in an accredited US program is required for all applicants, whether U.S. medical graduates or international medical graduates.

While research in the U.S. might be favorably considered, it is not a requirement in the decision to interview a candidate.


What documents should I submit?


We require the following supporting documents with your application, and please note that all documents not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.

  • Three letters of recommendation
  • Current CV
  • Personal statement
  • Dean’s letter
  • USMLE transcript
  • Medical school diploma
  • Medical school transcript from all medical schools attended. Transcript must show grades obtained in medical school (i.e., M.B.B.S. marks, statement sheet). The transcript must show actual courses and grades.
  • Transcript of medical school clerkships showing actual hours. (If not included in the academic transcript)
  • Valid ECFMG certificate (must have valid through dates stamped at the bottom, or can be valid indefinitely)
  • If there is a change of name from that on the above documents, submit a marriage certificate or legal name change documentation.