Compassionate, Specialized Patient-Centered Care
Houston's Only CF Foundation Accredited Center
The Baylor Medicine Maconda Brown O'Connor, Ph.D., Adult Cystic Fibrosis Center provides the highest quality care in a compassionate, patient-centered setting. Our center, which is accredited by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, is one of the largest in the United States and is the only accredited CF center serving Houston and the surrounding area. Offering comprehensive, multidisciplinary care to adults with CF and their families, we pride ourselves on the evidence-based, state-of-the-art care we provide.
The Baylor Medicine Adult Cystic Fibrosis Center offers a full range of services to CF patients and their families. Our specialty services include:
- Pulmonary care
- Allergy and sinus disease management
- Respiratory therapy
- CF-related GI disorders
- Pregnancy and family planning
- Genetic counseling and testing
- Psychosocial counseling referrals
Both in-person and virtual visits are offered.
Our center has been designated a Therapeutic Development Network site by the CF Foundation, promoting the conduct of cutting-edge clinical research and providing a forum for collaboration with other organizations to advance the care of cystic fibrosis.
The Therapeutic Development Network designation is given to clinical centers by the CF Foundation for expertise in clinical trial research. We are one of 90 centers in the United States that have received this designation.
Treatment for Cystic Fibrosis
There is no cure for CF. However, treatment can improve a patient's quality of life and reduce symptoms. Treatment options include:
- CFTR Modulators
- Inhaled airway clearance treatments and devices
- Preventative therapies, including vaccines
- Comprehensive nutritional management
- Effective antibiotic regimens
- Partnerships with CF specialists in Endocrinology, Otolaryngology (ENT), and Gastroenterology (GI)