- Since 2016, the division has performed more than 1000 robotic surgeries.
- The Systems Onco-Immunology Lab is has been funded by the NIH for its investigation of mechanisms of response to immunotherapy and mechanisms of carcinogenesis in thoracic cancers.
- Research funding now includes an R37 research grant from the NCI (up to seven years of funding) and two CPRIT awards.
- Industry-sponsored investigator-initiated trial of cyclosporine for the treatment of patients with COVID-19.
- We are recognized for our Lung Institute and specialized centers including the Center for Dysphagia and Swallowing Disorders, the Mesothelioma Treatment Center and the Thoracic Outlet Clinic.
- We offer a Thoracic Surgery Integrated Residency Program, a Thoracic Surgical Training fellowship and a Thoracic Oncology Fellowship.
Clarity of purpose and focused attention, these are indeed the essence of excellence.