This award is given to Baylor College of Medicine faculty members with a record of excellence in teaching and evaluation of learners as demonstrated by superior quality, quantity, and breadth of teaching activities.
To be eligible for an award in the Teaching and Evaluation category, you must be a Baylor faculty member in support of the education mission with a minimum of five years of teaching experience while employed at BCM. For any questions regarding eligibility, please contact email@example.com.
Instructions for Submitting a Teaching and Evaluation Portfolio
A mini-portfolio is a structured presentation of evidence of quality, quantity, and breadth of educational contributions specific to a given category. The mini-portfolio consists of a structured summary, a personal statement, supporting documentation, and CV. We have provided a structured summary with examples of how to document many different activities.
All of the documents listed below must be submitted in one electronic file PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. All portfolios must be received by 5pm on the date of the submission deadline—no exceptions.
Your documents should appear in the following order:
- Transmittal Form
- Personal Statement (three page limit, prompts provided)
- Structured Summary Template (six page limit) of your accomplishments
- Supporting Documentation including a Table of Appendices (20 page limit)
- Letters of Support (four letters maximum)
- A current copy of your curriculum vitae in BCM format (click here for the BCM CV template)