- Ranked 17 for Heart Surgery by U.S. News and World Report with special distinction in heart bypass surgery, aortic valve surgery and abdominal aortic aneurysm repair at Baylor St. Luke's.
- At the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center, our surgeons perform over 300 open-heart surgeries and more than 100 lung and esophageal procedures annually, making it the busiest VA cardiac center in the United States.
- The Cardiothoracic Surgery team has performed more than 7,500 repairs of the aorta and over 3,300 repairs of thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms.
- Distinguished research endeavors include the Laboratory for Cardiac Regeneration, the Aortic Disease Research Laboratory and participation in multiple Marfan Syndrome, and other connective tissue disorder, patient studies.
- As one of the largest Thoracic Surgery Residency programs, Baylor is recognized for its outstanding educational offerings which include a Thoracic Surgery Residency, an Aortic Surgery Fellowship a T32 Research Training Program, as well as an ACGME-approved Thoracic Surgery Integrated Residency Program.
- Recognized as a Core Clinical Center for the NIH/NHLBI-funded Cardiothoracic Surgical Trials Network.
- Our surgeons at Baylor St. Luke’s have performed over 1,000 transcatheter aortic valve replacement procedures and participate in several mitral and tricuspid valve clinical trials.
View a message from Division Chief, Marc Moon, M.D.
The Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery offers training in thoracic and aortic surgery and a T32 Research Training Program.
Explore clinical and basic science research from the Cardiothoracic Surgery Division.
Find out about our Cardiothoracic Surgery options for heart disease.