Off Script: Stories from the Heart of Medicine
How do our surroundings impact us? What we feel, how we act, what directions our future takes? We're interested in stories about the interplay between environment and person. Do you look up in "perfect silence at the stars"? Or do you marvel at skyscrapers' perfectly paired panes of glass and steel veins? What role does the environment (learning, clinical, natural, digital, engineered, etc.) play in your life? Tell a story about a time when you or someone you know ventured into a hostile, indifferent, or nurturing environment that changed their personal or professional lives. The setting can be clinical or far from health care. The story may be true, fictional, or some mix of both. Pack your story with engaging characters, realistic dialogue, and vivid scenes. Give us dramatic action! Don't simply state what happens. Instead, show us how events unfold. Your story should be 800 - 1,000 words. A small honorarium will be offered for selected stories.
- Complete the form by Oct. 1, 2023.
- Selection status will be made by Oct. 6
- Workshops are scheduled for Oct. 17 and 18 from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- A rehearsal for selected pieces is planned for Oct. 30 between 5:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- The storytelling event will be held on Nov. 2 from 6-7 p.m.
View information about Protected Health Information.