The Center for Professionalism and the Office of Community Engagement & Health Equity have relaunched an exciting professional development activity at the College. The Muffins with Mentors (started in 2017 as the Tacos with Teachers program) aims for selected Baylor leaders to give inspirational talks about how they have found meaning in their careers, what keeps them motivated, maintaining connection and joy in their work, and career paths. These breakfast sessions are intended to be informal and to encourage an open discussion among the participants and the teacher. Sessions are open to all interested students, trainees, staff and faculty at Baylor.
All sessions will be held in person.
- Aug. 8, 2023: Yesenia Rojas-Khalil, M.D., Assistant Professor, Division of General Surgery, Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine
- Sept. 12, 2023: Christina Davidson, M.D., Associate Professor, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Oct. 10, 2023: Hana El-Sahly, M.D., Professor, Department of Molecular Virology & Microbiology
- Nov. 14, 2023: Teri Turner, M.D., MPH, M.Ed., Professor and Vice Chair, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Academic General Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine
- Jan. 9, 2024: Edgar Ordonez, M.D., MPH, Associate Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine
- Feb. 13, 2024: John James Saunders, M.D., Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, Baylor College of Medicine
- March 12, 2024: TBA
- April 9, 2024: TBA
Each session has limited seats; please reserve your spot through the link below (Baylor login required).