The Graduate Medical Education (GME) Program Coordinator Council (PCC) serves is an elected group of program coordinators and administrators that serve as the liaison between the BCM Program Coordinators/Administrators, Graduate Medical Education office and Texas Medical Center affiliates. Elected representatives serve a total of six years and attend all GME Committee (GMEC) meetings and sit on select sub-committees within the college.
With over 75 years of experience between them, the PCC use their combined experience to assist the program coordinators and administrators in areas including but not limited to:
- Provides instruction to the Program Coordinators.
- Provides support and mentorship to Program Coordinators.
- Encourages collaborative relationships between coordinators, Baylor College of Medicine, and Texas Medical Center.
- Advocates and educates Program Coordinators on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Advocates for professional development amongst Program Coordinators by seeking issues, relaying program concerns, and developing solutions to those concerns.
- Educates by providing a point of communication between residents, faculty, and Baylor GME.
- Serves our program coordinator by the development and implementation of plans to improve resident and fellow education.
- Kara Mitchell, President
- Karla Gonzales, Vice-President
- Susan Grossarth Secretary
- Alicia Viney, Mentor Program Coordinator
- Gina Collier, Wellness Coordinator
Emeritus Council Members
- Linda Johnston
- Lori Burlin
- Desi Griffin
- Jaye Chambers