Baylor College of Medicine policies are published in the College's Policies and Procedures Manual (Baylor login required) as well as the Faculty Handbook and in the handbooks of each of the College's educational programs. Baylor has provided links to policies and other useful information on this page for the benefit of community members and visitors. It strives to update this page regularly, however, in the event of conflict between documents or other information provided on this page and the Policies and Procedures Manual or Baylor handbooks, the manual or handbooks shall control.
Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
In addition to the policies available in the Baylor Policies and Procedures Manual (Baylor login required) and the student handbooks listed above, select policies, procedures and guidelines are listed here to facilitate rapid access.
College-Wide Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
- Academic Program and Student/Academic Support Service Unit Assessments and Reviews
- Acceptance of Transfer Credit Policy
- Admission Records Policy
- Background Checks for Applicants and Students
- Course Repeat Policy
- Credit Hour Policy
- Credit Hour Requirements for Certificate Academic Programs
- Course Repeat Policy
- Distance Learning Policy
- Diversity Policy
- Educator Conflict of Interest Policy
- Elective Course Requirements for International Visiting Students to the School of Medicine
- Guidelines for Determining Time on Task (TOT) in Online Education
- Institutional Tuition and Fees Policy
- Learner Mistreatment Policy
- Observers and Observership Policy
- Policy Development and Approval Policy
- Potential Ineligibility for License
- Procedures for HB449 - Transcript Notations
- Respectful and Professional Learning Environment Policy
- Procedure for Annual Review of Course Catalogs
- Sexual Misconduct and Other Prohibited Conduct Policy — The Title IX and Gender Discrimination website provides additional information relevant to this policy.
- Statement on Student Rights
- Accommodations for Leaners and program Applicants with Disabilities — The Student Disabilities Services website provides additional information relevant to this policy.
- Student Appeals and Grievances Policy — The Student Appeals and Grievances website provides additional information relevant to this policy.
- Student Records Policy
- Inventions and Patents (Baylor login required)
- Use of Copyrighted Materials
- Security/Access (Baylor login required)
- Student Financial Aid Policy
Academic Program Specific Grading Policies
- School of Medicine Exams, Grading and Criteria for Promotions Policies
- Health Professions Grading Policy — Article 5, pages 17-19, of the Health Professions Student Handbook
- Ph.D. Program Grading Policy – Article 6.1 of the Graduate School Policy Manual
- School of Medicine and School of Health Professions Compact Between Teachers, Learners and Educational Staff
- Graduate School of Biomedical Science Compact Between Graduate Students and Their Mentors
Code of Conduct
The Baylor Code of Conduct is our comprehensive framework for ethical and professional standards. It is designed to ensure that we, all members of the Baylor community, understand the expectations to conduct ourselves in an ethical and professional manner while complying with all laws, regulations, rules and policies to the fullest degree.
Confidential Problem Solving and Dispute Resolution
The Ombuds Office is a confidential, informal, independent, and neutral place to discuss concerns, resolve disputes, manage conflicts, and increase skills regarding communication, negotiation and problem solving. You may reach out to the Ombuds Office as a first step, a last resort, or at any point along the way. You may also reach out anytime you would like to discuss something confidentially and aren’t sure where to go.